- Pre heat oven to 170°C (fan forced 150° C) 330°F/ 300°F. Grease and line an 18cm/7 inch spring form tin with baking/grease proof paper.
- Combine castor sugar and eggs together in an electric mixer and beat for 8 to 10 minutes until pale and creamy and tripled in volume.
- In a separate bowl, sift together self-raising flour and cornflour 3 times. Sift flours over egg mix and quickly fold through using a spatula, making sure all ingredients are well combined.
- Melt Kremelta in microwave or saucepan until fully melted. Warm milk in microwave (on high for 20 seconds). Pour Kremelta and milk down the side of bowl and fold through the egg and flour mix.
- Pour final mixture into prepared pan and smooth surface. Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove pan from oven.
- Set cake aside in the pan for 5-10 minutes before turning onto a wire rack for 30 minutes to cool completely.
Cherry Cream Filling
Using an electric mixer, whip cream and icing sugar together until soft peaks form. Fold pitted cherries through the cream leaving some cherries for top of cake decoration.
- Slice your cake in half horizontally, ensuring you cut as evenly as possible. Place the bottom sponge on a serving plate.
- Spread blackberry conserve evenly over the base, followed by cherry cream filling. Place the top cake layer on top of your filling layer.
- Dust the top with icing sugar and garnish with the remaining cherries tossed with some warm blackberry conserve
- Can be stored in fridge for up to 3 days.