- Preheat oven to 170°C/330°F (fan forced 150°C/300°F). Lightly grease 2 six-cup friand pans.
- Melt Kremelta in microwave or saucepan until fully melted. Whisk together melted Kremelta and brown sugar, add sour cream and whisk in eggs one at a time.
- Sift plain flour, self-raising flour, and cocoa powder. Fold through the mix. Add chopped chocolate, walnuts and dates. Stir through.
- Divide batter equally into the prepared pans and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove pans from oven.
- Set cakes aside in the pan for 5-10 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Dark chocolate ganache
- In a medium sized saucepan, bring cream to the boil over medium heat.
- Remove from heat, add chocolate and stir until combined and glossy. Set to cool.
- Warm the cakes if desired.
- Top with some ganache and walnut halves.
- Serve with whipped cream on the side.
Cakes can be stored in an airtight container for up to 4 days, and ganache can be stored up to 1week.