- This step is best done the night before. Combine all the dried fruit, orange juice and brandy (if using) in a bowl, cover and leave to soak overnight.
- Preheat oven to 170°C/330°F (fan forced 150°C/300°F). Lightly grease 2 six-cup friand pans.
- Melt Kremelta in microwave or saucepan until fully melted. Whisk together melted Kremelta and brown sugar, add sour cream and whisk in eggs one at a time.
- Sift together plain flour, self-raising flour, cinnamon, mixed spice and nutmeg in a separate bowl. Fold through the Kremelta mix. Add the soaked fruit, and stir through.
- Divide batter equally into the prepared pans and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove pans from oven. Set cakes aside in the pan for 5-10 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Lemon and cinnamon icing
Sift icing sugar and cinnamon into medium bowl. Add the lemon zest. Then pour in the lemon juice one tablespoon at a time, mixing until a smooth, thick icing is made.
- Spread icing over the top of cakes.
- Top with a medley of mixed fruit and almonds.
- Allow the icing to set.
Cake can be kept in airtight container in pantry for up to 3 days.